Spring Break in New York State




SPRING BREAK PART 2

ALBANY, NEW YORK
For the rest of Spring Break I was lucky enough to stay with two of my American friends; one who lived near Albany, and I went back to my friends house who I stayed with for thanksgiving near Poughkeepsie. I was so thankful to them and their families,  I had a wonderful easter break and I was lucky enough to see a lot more of New York State itself!

Before Julia and I went to Montréal we took a trip into New York's capital, which is Albany - not NYC which I bet many of you thought (I did originally)! The city itself was actually weird - you would have thought with it being the capital of New York that it would be busy, but it was sooo quiet! My home town in Yorkshire is busier than Albany was!! Therefore it was kind of a weird place to walk around, but the Capitol buildings were really magnificent. They had that Washington D.C look to them being in white marble, and were absolutely huge.

After walking around and having a mini photoshoot (how can you resist a marble wall?!) we went for some lunch at a Brewery called Druthers and I had the best Mac and Cheese of my life!!! If you saw my instagram stories you will know that after we ate half of it we realised it had meat in it, when the menu said it didn't and Julia is a veggie!!! So I told the waitress and she brought us a whole new one! Not sure I've ever had so much to eat at once!!!! 







The Capitol Building 




It was so much fun to travel with someone who also loves photography AND has a blog too!! Myself and Julia got some amazing pictures over Spring Break!! 




SARATOGA SPRINGS, NEW YORK
When we got back from Montreal we spent a day in Saratoga Springs which was another beautiful town. It was quite a fancy town and the houses were flipping ginormous! The town/city is actually really well known for horse-racing and there was a huge race track and racing museum. We just walked around in the sunshine with a great coffee (it was soooooooo cold) and took some more nice pictures. The clue is in the name but Saratoga Springs is also known for its mineral waters and spas and there were lots dotted around. I really loved the town and was definitely the prettiest place I've been in New York! 





This bookstore was an old bank! 


This is some of the steel from the world trade centre buildings which is now a memorial for the 9/11 attacks. 


Not only did I love the town, but these fries were arguably the best I've ever had! 






THE BRONX ZOO, NEW YORK
On the last day of spring break I was staying with my friend in Poughquag, and we went to the Bronx Zoo for the day! I thought it was a great zoo and had some amazing animals, and its so crazy that it's located in the middle of the Bronx!! My favourites from the day were the giraffes - you could get so close to them! - and I loved the grizzly bears too! In the evening we stopped by a typical American ice-cream parlour for dessert - I'm really going to miss those when I am home!!! 








In the left picture, the giraffe was getting it's feet (? hooves?) cleaned!!


I got cookies and cream with hot fudge sauce!

On the Sunday I headed back to Bing after the most amazing Spring Break. It was so nice to see some more of New York State, especially because the places I went are not really places you would visit when coming on holiday and so it was really nice to get to see 'normal' New York things! It was also so nice to stay with both of my friends too and I'm very thankful for the lovely welcome!! 

It was definitely the most action-packed week ever, but I wouldn't have changed it or have it any other way. This year I've definitely realised you have to really make the most of the time you have and it was so unbelievably good to get away from Bing for over a week. 

Hope you enjoyed this post!! Thats the last of the travelling I'm going to be able to do now as I have finals and papers due in the next few weeks, and so I'm hoping to get some study abroad posts up over the next few weeks! Don't forget to see what I got up to for part 1 of my spring break in Montréal here

Elsie xo 

Julia has a blog too!! Check out her amazing blog Juliadoes.com








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Niagara Falls

My first American Thanksgiving

Spring Break in Montréal