A Sunday Stroll



Now that college is back in full swing, I have little time to do anything nice or relaxing (because I don't manage my time wisely!!!). I find myself in a stressful routine: Monday-Friday at school, Saturdays I work and then I spend the whole day Sunday doing homework and catching up on sleep. After a while, this repetitive system makes me want to scream, cry, shout, and then I have no patience or energy to do anything. Last week, however, I managed my time efficiently (or much more than usual) and I was able to fit in a 'Sunday stroll' before doing homework in the afternoon.


Saturday night had been one of the coldest nights in weeks, which left a cold frost behind. Although I was pretty much frozen throughout the entire walk, it felt so good to be in the fresh air and stress free (at least for an hour or two). 


I went to one of my favourite places, which I have been going to for years with family and I'm lucky to have it on my doorstep: Fountains Abbey. We didn't go to the actual abbey, but did the seven bridges walk which I could probably do blindfolded now I know it so well! There were so many people there too, families and dog walkers, and everyone was so jolly, which created such a nice atmosphere. 


As I said, the temperature wasn't much above 2 degrees so I was so blooming freezing by the time we got back to the car park and I headed to the cafe to warm up. A steaming hot chocolate did the job and it was so calming to sit in front of the lake, even though we were outside in the chilly air!



When I got back I spent a productive few hours revising for a test, and I felt I had really achieved something that day with going on a little adventure. If you are feeling a little stressed, or anxious then get out in the fresh air and use your time wisely!!!

Elsie xo 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Niagara Falls

Spring Break in Montréal

Spring Break in New York State